Happy Thanksgiving everybody. We just finished eating a delightful dinner with friends and family. Now it’s time to watch football and/or sleep.
Hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday with their loved ones.
I’ve been in a funk lately. Work has been busy, home has been busy. Those combined have made me a slacker-blogger.
However, today I have caught up with the laundry, went grocery shopping, and got the kiddos asleep at a reasonable hour so here I am. Speaking of grocery shopping, I’m seriously addicted to couponing. Strangers in the store were admiring my coupon binder and the guy in line behind me was amazed that printing out coups on the internet dropped my grocery bill by $104. Woot-woot! It was like getting one-third of my groceries for nothing. I’m such a dork that I get excited about that. I wish I could figure out how to buy $1000 worth of groceries for 10 bucks like those extreme couponers, but I don’t have the time (or energy) to go to 7 different stores to do my grocery shopping.
I’m looking at my receipt now and I see the cashier screwed me out of one dollar and kept my coup. Betch!
I take it back. I want to be one of those cray-cray extreme coupon bishes. I think I’m well on my way there. 😛
Hmm, probably should post some of Turtle’s lunches, right? I have to admit something here though. I let him buy school lunch. Twice. In the same week. Mom Fail. He asked to buy lunch on chicken nugget and pizza days. How could I resist this purty face?
Here’s a good lunch. I was informed by his teacher that the cheese shark was met with great approval by all the other kids in his class. I love the Pepperidge Farm Goldfish bread. It’s adorable.
By the way, a sprinkling of Fruity Pebbles inside the PBJ and banana wrap = mind blown. Good stuff.
Chomp, chomp, chomp. Everybody’s favorite ghost eater.
This lunch came back completely empty. Even the grapes. I was very impressed.
And now for something completely different. Dumb employee of the week goes to 1-800-Flowers. Occasionally, I get to order flowers for the office. I put my name as the orderer of flowers and as the the person receiving said flower arrangement. I get this on my voicemail from someone at 1-800-Flowers “Hello Catherine. We’re just checking to see if you want to put a message on the card with the flowers you are sending to Catherine. You can give us a call, blah blah blah.” Note: I checked the “No card” box on the order and the billing and shipping address for the flowers is the same. That and you know, my name is the same on both places too. Le sigh.
At least the flowers were pretty.
Snot season is beginning. When I was little I remember my mom having us use Neti Pots to clear out the funk from inside our noses. I’d forgotten about it until last year when a particularly nasty bug got stuck up in my sinuses. I was pregnant with Giraffe and didn’t want to take any meds. The first time I used the Neti Pot, Holy Mama, what a relief and absolutely disgusting the amount of goo that was released. I didn’t think a human head could hold that much extra stuff. No wonder my head had been killing me.
I used a different brand last year, but this year, I am going to give Simply Saline Neti Pot from Arm & Hammer a try. I’m getting it free via Smiley360.com. Go check them out, you might qualify too! Get your full value rebate (up to $14.99 value!) at http://bit.ly/td6YFW
*I will be provided reimbursement for the cost of a Simply Saline Neti Pot in return for a review.
Go check it out! All Things For Sale is giving away a Beginner Bento Kit.
Cute bento beginner kit includes the following great bento accessories items and accessories case.
– Food Pick Stand
– 6-piece Set of Ham, Cheese Cutter – Use to cut Ham, Cheese, Cookies or other similar thin sliced piece of food or vegetable. This cutter set can create bear, tree, heart, and house, to create fun animal family theme. ABS
– 4 Soy Sauce Containers with Filling Dropper- about 4ml each, works great with soy sauce or any runny sauce. The filling dropper makes it easy to refill your sauce into the cute animal containers. PP, PS
– Soy Sauce container Stand
– 6 Paper/PET Food Cups with Animal Tips – (2 designs x 3 pieces each)- Microwave safe, Food cup is about 2.25 inch long x 2.25 inch wide x 1.88 inch tall2
– Mayo Cups (dip sauce) – randomly selected from 4 designs: fish, elephant, bird, bear – Great for dipping sauce (This item includes 2 mayo cups, which will be randomly selected between the 4 colors) about 14 ml each. PP
– 1 Furikake Spice Container – Yellow chick, Great for spice, and Japanese seasoning furikake. It holds about 54 ml each. PP, PS
– 4 Long Baran Food Partition Sheets This baran sheet can be cut into smaller sheets, if cut, 16 small pieces. Microwave Safe. PP, PET
– Baran Stand
– 2 Seaweed Nori Punchers – randomly selected from 4 designs (star, heart, bear, rabbit)
AND Free Shipping, shipping of the prize is on us, no matter where you are. (✿◠‿◠)”
This is the store that I got most of my bento items from for Turtle’s lunches.
Enter to win. If you don’t want it, give it to me. ;-P